The UC-5000 Digital Radiography System Received 510(k) Clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Big News!! Source-Ray has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the UC-5000.
The UC-5000 is under the category of Digital Radiography which is a safer and more effective way of producing diagnostic images. Digital radiography has been used for over 20 years and has been intensively tested and proven.
Compared to traditional X-rays, digital radiography has been shown to make the whole process more cost-effective, faster, and simpler than before.
While exposure from radiation is unavoidable with both methods, digital X-rays produce about 80% less emission than traditional radiography. Compared to X-rays produced by a traditional machine, the quality of digital radiographs is much better. It displays viewable images in just a few seconds, saving on time for both the patients and technicians.
Aside from the difference stated above between the digital radiography and the traditional one, there are financial savings over time with digital radiography including:
- No cost for radiology disposable like chemicals and films
- No expense for processor maintenance, film jackets and storage space
- There will be a significant reduction in the number of retakes because there should be little to no need to retake images due to under or overexposure.
One of the latest advancements in digital radiography is the rise of mobile digital X-ray systems. The UC-5000 is a low-power, high-frequency mobile X-Ray system specifically designed to address the urgent need in Urgent Care.
This unit is is designed to be utilized in the existing patient exam room, thus eliminating the need for a dedicated X-ray room. This will definitely help urgent care facilities to significantly reduce their radiology expenses and overhead cost while increasing their clinical efficiencies.
Below are the key advantages of the UC-5000:
- No Dedicated X-Ray Room needed
- Unit is designed to be utilized in the existing Patient Exam Room
- Minimal space requirement (as little as 8′ x 10′)
- No Special power requirements (Standard 115V)
- Significant savings in acquisition cost
- Minimal/no lead site preparation expense
- Substantial savings in service and on-going expense