Senior Mechanical Engineer
Source-Ray is a premier developer, manufacturer, and supplier of innovative diagnostic mobile and portable imaging equipment for healthcare professionals. Source-Ray also supplies integrated diagnostic X-Ray sources (SourceBlocks) to Original Equipment Manufacturers for the Medical, Analytical and Industrial X-Ray equipment markets.
We are looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering team in Ronkonkoma, NY. Responsibilities include designs, design plans, verifications, validations, and development of mechanical and/or electromechanical medical device products including, portable and mobile x-ray systems. Recommend various technology options or approaches for system designs and oversee the transfer from R&D to manufacturing.
- Medical Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) w/ matching
- Generous PTO
- Contribute to the development and improvement of new & existing portable x-ray systems and OEM x-ray source sub-systems that meet application, business, and customer requirements.
- Apply principles of engineering and manufacturing practices in providing solutions to complex engineering challenges. Identify issues, achieve resolution, and resolve complex problems proactively.
- Generate detailed fabrication drawings utilizing tolerance analysis. Apply knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods for medical devices.
- Conduct formal design verification and validation testing per approved test protocols and document test reports in accordance with applicable development regulatory requirements & company procedures.
- Collaborate with colleagues as needed to ensure designs are capable of meeting performance targets.
- Organize, prepare, and present technical information in a clear, effective, and skillful way to the Director of R&D.
- Submit change requests, review, and approve as needed for design, materials, and process documentation.
- Ability to work with little direction toward predetermined goals.
- Technical assistance is provided as needed to support regulatory, manufacturing, quality, marketing, and other Core Team needs. Effectively interacts with others to facilitate product development and support.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of relevant Experience.
- Product development work experience with electromechanical devices. Class II or Class III medical device product development experience a plus.
- Strong fundamental, theoretical, and applied knowledge related to general Mechanical Engineering.
- Electromechanical packaging experience is required.
- Proficiency in CAD. SolidWorks preferred.
- Knowledge of design for fabrication methods including machining, casting, plastic injection molding, sheet metal and rapid prototype.
- Knowledge of ISO, FDA, MDD and regulations applicable to the design and development of medical devices a plus.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Please email email@example.com to apply.